Monday, August 13, 2007

When The Moon Splits, DEB Intipati and Lebanon.

Assalamualaikum,

I spent my weekend reading 2 books and an article:
a) When The Moon Splits.
b) Dasar Ekonomi Baru: Intipati.
c) The Concise History of Lebanon - article.

When The Moon Splits.
This is a biography of Prophet Muhammad. I haven't finished reading it. But, last weekend, i read it from the back. This is one of my weird habits. The last few pages describe the physical of Rasulullah, His children and His wives. However, it was a relationship between Rasulullah, a maid (Mariya Qibtisa) and their son, Ibraheem that awaken me in a high curiosity level. I was restless and had to fight with principle over this case. I rang up Jan and asked him to clarify the story. I argued for a few hours before I could satisfy myself. At the end, I was only 70% satisfied. Not wanting to feel 'there is something wrong' here, the next afternoon, I called up Nushi. I explained to him the reasons Jan gave. He agreed with Jan and gave the same reasons. This time, my satisfaction level increased up to 90%. By now, I need another 10% reason. I know only time and Allah can satisfy my curiosity. Insya Allah.

I dont dare to write the things that triggered me last weekend. I'm afraid that my words are not strong to make people understand. For those who want to know, I urge you to read on Rasulullah and Mariya Qibtisa.

Dasar Ekonomi Baru: Intipati.
This book is edited by Mukhriz Mahathir and Khairy Jamaludin. Interesting because it describes the latest Malay and Chinese stand in equity holding in Malaysia. Sad, because not many that has been described favour Malay. Refreshing, because it gives us the idea on how hard we should work in order to stand tall with others.

The Concise History of Lebanon.
This article gives me a short summary but precise for me to understand what was the origin of Lebanon. It started from the WW1 aftermath, the British and the French occupation in Arab, the starting of Jews claiming their territory and the basic problem in Lebanon. I intend to translate the article to Malay to share with those who are interested in it. Insya Allah.

No comments:

5 - Ema ke Istanbul “Histoury 2019" [Jalan Jalan Istanbul] - Bahagian 5 - Oh, rindunya pada Baginda!

Bahagian 1 - Dari impian dan minat  Bahagian 2 - Dari KL ke Istanbul  Bahagian 3 - “Mommy, mamak ada ke kat Istanbul?” Bahagian 4 - Hati yan...