Monday, August 27, 2007

Waspishing the Weekend-Seminar Pembangunan Insan

25 Aug. 2007 - Saturday

Seminar Pembangunan Insan (Organized by Kelab UMNO Melbourne).

I went to the seminar after Tasha recommended that I should hear what Khairy Jamaludin (KJ) has to tell. I equipped myself with everything related to KJ since. Aside from the KJ-MK defamation, I read his DEB-Intipati, glanced through the e-book "KJ:Rasputin or A Boy Genious", Wikipedeaed him and read UMNO's and oppositions' blog which dubbed him as the Ultra Malay. Many thought that he can be a PM one day.

The Seminar started late (I'll write about this later). The presenters were Annuar Musa, KJ, Ahmad Ikmal, Norlee and Radzi. However, due the improper time management, the final three did not get the chance to talk - which I have a mix opinion on this: relief because I dont have to hear them babbling the politicians way, a bit regret because I wanted to hear them anyway.

Annuar Musa started by telling us the Malaysia history. I'm awaken by his many 'knowledge-by-experience' points. I really love when he clarified the 'UMNO is an assobiyah party'. KJ took over and continued with the topic related to political stability through to modal insan.

KJ rolled out the history. I like the fact that he is so knowledgable and he spoke fast too. Amy said he was able to sychronize his mind and talking at the same time. I envied that because I am still trying to learn how to do that ! By the end of his speech, he had many questions thrown to him. Overall, his speech was good and I admit that he is the best young orator that I've ever met. However, there was something unleashed in me about him. I couldnt stop thinking about him! Infact, many asked "cemana KJ ? Okay tak?" So, i guessed, my sms and Obi Wan Kenobi replies down can tell u something about what i think about him.

I sms my Obi Wan Kenobi. It went like this.
"Bru habis. I tak suka lah. I akui dia pandai cakap,petah, byk ilmu, tp ada sumthg that I dint like. I donno why. I like annuar musa"
Obi Wan Kenobi replied,
"Why? What makes u pessimist ?You terpengaruh ngan gossip or jeles dgn rupa smart dia n kedudukan dia?"
I replied,
"No lah. I'm sceptical, but i lke that he is vocal. but i guessed i suka org yg tenang tp berisi."
Obi Wan Kenobi replied,
"Hahaha. Ya sebab tu dia sesuai utk politik bukan academic n civil servant."
I replied,
"A ah tp Mahathir and Pak lah x camtu,but they managed to be good leaders. how did they do ?"
OWK replied,
"Jgn banding gitu. Dr. M cuma tertarik pada kuasa dan ilmu, tp pemimpin baru cam KJ masih tertarik pada kuasa, wang dan perempuan. So, perspective yg berbeza. "
I replied,
"Ya la, dia masih muda kot. Pembawakan lain."
OWK replied,
"Ya, barangkali juga. Jgn lupa usia jadikan seseorang itu tamak n berfikiran pendek. "


Yes, who am I to judge KJ. I dont know him. I should not judge the book by its cover. In fact, so far, on surface, I think he has a leadership quality. However, to strecth it and compare it with Dr. M and other PMs & Nik Aziz, is overreacting.

It is amazing how subsconscious mind can wallop the conscious and it shows how important genuine value is when it comes to convince an audience. Audience may not be vocal, but they are not stupid. When a leader gives a speech, the 'hard' infos are only 20% absorbed, the possibility of another 80% of the infos to be absorbed depends on the confidence of the speaker. However, the confidence is still not enough because audience see speaker beyond his words. The mind may analyzes arrogance and translates it to 'cakap banyak je dia ni'. And that's how I felt with KJ. I hope I'm wrong, but i believe I didnt see him being genuine, or at least yet.

I learnt a thing and I shared it with mama.

"Tak semestinya bila seseorang tu ckp gedebung gedebang, kita boleh kata orang tu berpangkat besar. Yes, maybe some of them pangkat tinggi. But, it wont last long. Sebab kuasa Allah, kita boleh 'melihat' ketulusan hati seseorang melalui percakapannya".

To Annuar Musa, thanks.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are right not trust KJ. See which papers promote him to be like Mahathir..the chinese papers...STAR. Not utusan not BH.

His greed has been proven. The chinese and Indian gave him Avenue shares in return they get to buy a government bank license. So early and so young already a millionaire.

He is in chinese hands. Telekom share bought by Singapore why? So they can pay him commission. Now Singapore sold back TM shares.

He is corrupt and under Chinese control that is why they love him.

Anonymous said...

do you realised KJ is jobless? How can one lead when one is jobless. How to support your family. Then you are open to the temptation of corruption like Khairy just to live.

Mahathir was a doctor giving cheap health services for the poor..

KJ like Mahathir...? Now that sound fishy if anyone is to say that.

Mahathir was an malay ultra...KJ is a chinese/mamak liberal. His friends Kalimullah..Nor Yakub..all indians..

5 - Ema ke Istanbul “Histoury 2019" [Jalan Jalan Istanbul] - Bahagian 5 - Oh, rindunya pada Baginda!

Bahagian 1 - Dari impian dan minat  Bahagian 2 - Dari KL ke Istanbul  Bahagian 3 - “Mommy, mamak ada ke kat Istanbul?” Bahagian 4 - Hati yan...